Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

When I Grow Up....

This is a phrase that I hear often at the beginning of almost ALL of Grant's sentances these days. The Orem fire station is just down the street from where we live, as we were taking daddy to school we noticed that it was a bit busier than usual around the fire station, there were school buses, cars lined up on the side of the road and lots of people gathered in the firestation parking lot. So we decided to check it out on the way back. It turned out that they were having their annual public safety festival and so we joined in on the festivities, and we were so glad we did! The kids enjoyed FREE popcorn and cotton candy, fireman hats and badges! There were different demonstrations involving fire, how they rescue people from car accidents, CPR, explosions, and they even had a house that was filled with "smoke" that the kids could practice escaping the right way. It was very informative for the parents (it actually made me think of going an buying a fire extinguisher...... which I still might) and hands on learning and fun for the kids, it made for a great feild trip that day :) So Grant's sentance for the day to me was "When I grow up I want to be a real live fireman!"

Posted by Picasa

No comments: